I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made... Psalm 139:14

I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made... Psalm 139:14

Friday, May 4, 2012

First Haircut


Just before

We prepared all week long for this special event- Kinley's first haircut. I'd heard the horror stories about screaming kids and mostly, I feared the slip of scissors taking off more than we were ready to part with. After a girls' lunch with Mommy & Grandma, Kinley enjoyed every bit of Kate's salon! Pushing it on nap time, the iPad did provide a great distraction, but all is well and I will save that 1st cut curl forever and ever. Sigh... our girl is growing up!

Besides haircuts & girl lunches, Kinley is rocking her therapy sessions and enjoying a less restricted diet now including lactose-free milk!  Kinley loves kicking the soccer ball around and is learning about letters and sounds and will point and say "baa" when we see /b/ anywhere.  With the increase in her talking, Daddy & Mommy are quickly approaching no-more swearing-hood.  This will be difficult.  Kinley has also started to let us know she wants to be independent and to back off... this can also be called "terrible twos" but what else would you expect from a 2 year old?  Its all going by so fast & soon we'll be starting preschool!  But tonight we're just celebrating all the curls that came with her adorable haircut. 



Just after


No comments:

Post a Comment